Thursday, July 28, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 40:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 40:8
"I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart."

Delight = great pleasure

Do I really delight to keep the commandments? Do I delight in paying tithing, and serving in callings? Do I delight in the trials I must pass through because they are God's will for me? Saying you delight in doing God's will is more than just being obedient. It's an attitude of joy, it is something that you take great pleasure in. I know there were times I did not delight in lots of things. I know my attitude has changed a lot over the years, but there is still much improvement needed. The ones I delight in are those written in my heart after receiving a testimony of their truths. Witnessing how God's laws are a shield and protection to me. How His will for me was only for my good. If the law is not written in my heart, from having tried and proved them, then there is no way to delight in it. This is not something that happens overnight. It is a conversion that takes a lifetime.



Day 2677

No comments:

Post a Comment