Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 38:18

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 38:18
"For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin."

This made me think of daily repentance, and how grateful I am for it. I end my day repenting of my sins. Then each morning it is as a clean slate, where I can start over. I don't have as David said "For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me." (verse 4) I have come to learn that without daily repentance things slip, and slide, and quickly overwhelm you. It is a joy to repent.

"Walking the covenant path, coupled with daily repentance, fuels positive spiritual momentum.
My dear brothers and sisters, with all the pleadings of my heart, I urge you to get on the covenant path and stay there. Experience the joy of repenting daily. Learn about God and how He works. Seek and expect miracles. Strive to end conflict in your life.
As you act on these pursuits, I promise you the ability to move forward on the covenant path with increased momentum, despite whatever obstacles you face. And I promise you greater strength to resist temptation, more peace of mind, freedom from fear, and greater unity in your families."
(President Russell M. Nelson, "The Power of Spiritual Momentum", Apr 2022, General Conference)



Day 2675

No comments:

Post a Comment