Monday, July 11, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 23:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 23:1
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."

I pondered on how I know when my life is out of balance when I start wanting things. I will buy one thing and no sooner do I have it then I have something else on my list of what I want to buy. I saw that pattern creeping up recently and then I immediately recognized it. This is what happens when I am trying to fill my soul. I had to ask myself, "How was I not keeping the Savior utmost in my mind?"

I recognized it in how I was using my spare time. Where I used to study gospel subjects I was spending more time reading the news stories or looking for some unknown movie to entertain me. I just keep scrolling and looking and never coming to anything that would satisfy me. Then with that dissatisfaction I turned to thinking I needed to buy things. With that realization I devised a plan on what I would look at in my downtime. Amazingly that list of things I wanted to buy left me overnight. I am so grateful that through pondering scriptures and watching patterns in my life that I can nip things like this in the bud when they appear. Truly when the Lord is my shepherd, and my soul if filled, I do not want.



Day 2660

No comments:

Post a Comment