Sunday, July 17, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 29:1, 11

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 29:1, 11
"Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace."

I noticed that this psalm starts with us giving glory and strength to the Lord, and in return He gives us strength and peace. I wondered how I could give glory or strength to the Lord? I don't see Him getting anything from me, he already has it.

Then I thought maybe the difference is in what the word "give" means. Here are some usages that helped me ponder.

To give someone or something a particular power or right means to allow them to have it.
To turn over the possession or control of to someone without cost or exchange; make a gift of
To hand or pass over into the trust or keeping of someone
To hand or pass over in exchange for something else; sell (goods, services, etc.) for a price or pay (a price) for goods, services, etc.

I think it then means. If I give or acknowledge that the Lord has a particular power or right, like strength and glory, and give him possession to control it in my life, in return he will strengthen me and give me peace.



Day 2666

No comments:

Post a Comment