Saturday, July 9, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 21:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 21:2
"Thou hast given him his heart’s desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah."

This verse made me reflect on prayer. I read all the verses on prayer in the topical guide and found some great verses that answered other questions or thoughts I had earlier. Then I visited some favorite scriptures I recalled on prayer. I debated on just writing the ones that helped me with a specific question or impression that I had, or listing the different ones I really liked for various reasons. I decide to record all of them. I will write in my personal footnotes in the scriptures why some stood out to me.

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
(Matthew 6:6)

"Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him."
(Matthew 6:8)

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"
(Matthew 7:7)

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."
(Matthew 21:22)

"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
(Mark 11:24)

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."
(Luke 21:36)

"Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;"
(Doctrine and Covenants 88:64)

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."
(John 15:7)

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."
(James 4:3)

"Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen."
(2 Nephi 4:35)

"Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."
(Alma 37:37)

"And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."
(Helaman 10:5)

"And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus prayed unto the Father, he came unto his disciples, and behold, they did still continue, without ceasing, to pray unto him; and they did not multiply many words, for it was given unto them what they should pray, and they were filled with desire."
(3 Nephi 19:24)

"He that asketh in the Spirit asketh according to the will of God; wherefore it is done even as he asketh."
(Doctrine and Covenants 46:30)

"But know this, it shall be given you what you shall ask; and as ye are appointed to the head, the spirits shall be subject unto you."
(Doctrine and Covenants 50:30)

"Behold, this is pleasing unto your Lord, and the angels rejoice over you; the alms of your prayers have come up into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded in the book of the names of the sanctified, even them of the celestial world."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:2)

"Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted."
Doctrine and Covenants 98:2)

"And again, be patient in tribulation until I come; and, behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, and they who have sought me early shall find rest to their souls. Even so. Amen."
(Doctrine and Covenants 54:10)

"And after I, Enos, had heard these words, my faith began to be unshaken in the Lord; and I prayed unto him with many long strugglings for my brethren, the Lamanites.
And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith."
(Enos 1:11-12)





Day 2658

No comments:

Post a Comment