Monday, July 4, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 16:11

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 16:11
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

This reminds of an article I was reading today about the loss of belief in God happening. It really hit me thinking about the youth.

"When I was a kid, my parents took it for granted that we’d be brought to mass, we’d be taught the ways of prayer, we learned about the saints. They just immersed us in that world," Barron recalled. "Well, when you don’t immerse people in that world, you say things like, ‘Oh, it’s up to you, you decide what you want to do when you’re 16.’ You lose all that. And then we’re surprised that young people are adrift and young people have lost their sense of purpose and meaning?"
(Catholic Bishop Robert Barron, "US religious leaders explain why faith in God hit lowest level ever, say COVID made it worse" by Andrew Mark Miller, Fox News)

Without God in my life, and the guidance, direction and purpose He gives me, I don't know how I would find my way without it in my life. How would you know a fulness of joy?

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
(Proverbs 22:6)



Day 2653

No comments:

Post a Comment