Thursday, July 21, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 33:18-20

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 33:18-20
"Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield."

I belong to some food storage groups and new people all the time are asking where to begin. They are afraid of a coming famine. The fear is real for them because they have nothing. I don't know what's coming. My life has not changed. We store what we can and rotate it. This is our normal life. Do I have a year supply? Probably not. Why? Because, I simply lack the room for the number of people I have in my family. Am I afraid? No, I am not. Does that mean I think there is nothing to this? Nope, I think the concern is real. So what makes the difference?

It is a personal relationship with the Savior. You can store all the food in the world, but if you don't make your relationship to the Lord your number one priority, it won't calm your fears. I know I can only do what I can do. He sees me and guides me, he knows my efforts and my limitation. I want His eye upon me especially when hard times comes. I need his mercy and kindness. I do believe that if it's His will to keep me alive in a famine, He will do so. He has shielded me so many times in my life, I have no doubt that he will do it again in the future.



Day 2670

No comments:

Post a Comment