Friday, July 10, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 8:4, 10

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 8:4, 10
"And those judges were angry with him because he spake plainly unto them concerning their secret works of darkness; nevertheless, they durst not lay their own hands upon him, for they feared the people lest they should cry out against them. 
And it came to pass that those people who sought to destroy Nephi were compelled because of their fear, that they did not lay their hands on him; therefore he began again to speak unto them, seeing that he had gained favor in the eyes of some, insomuch that the remainder of them did fear."

The judges wanted to destroy Nephi because he was exposing their secret works. They couldn't do it openly so instead they tried to incite the people in wanting to destroy him with a whisper campaign. It made me think of something I read today. This news personality told the story of someone being harassed, and in turn he was trying to expose their attacker. The odd thing was when I read the story and looked at the pictures the person he was trying to incite people against didn't look like the same man. So many features were not the same. Yet, here was someone trying to incite people against him. The comments were terrible, they were condemning the man that was supposedly harassing another person. I just shook my head and stopped reading the comments. I could see what this person was doing. He was doing exactly what he was accusing the other person and trying to get people to do his dirty work. Now with what is happening to Nephi I see a parallel between them. It reminds me that I need to be extremely careful about who I listen and never judge until I know all the facts. People have motives for twisting the facts and compelling others to do wrong. 


Day 1929

No comments:

Post a Comment