Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 13:29

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 13:29
"O ye wicked and ye perverse generation; ye hardened and ye stiffnecked people, how long will ye suppose that the Lord will suffer you? Yea, how long will ye suffer yourselves to be led by foolish and blind guides?  Yea, how long will ye choose darkness rather than light?"

This verse stood out to me because of two separate conversations I had today. What it all brought to my remembrance is how grateful I am that I listened to the spirit when I first began to read the scriptures daily. The spirit told me to read the scriptures and not books about the scriptures. I am grateful I listened because if I had not I think I would have veered and started to read books that wrested the scriptures and took me down the wrong path. For this is exactly where I see some are headed for they are listening to foolish and blind guides. It just breaks my heart. I am grateful for what the spirit teaches me when I am ready. I have had to learn patience in not understanding, and knowing there is a reason. Then when I am ready understanding comes with the right light of personal revelation. I have come to learn that whatever the spirit teaches me is not an original thought. I will then find a second or third witness through the teachings of the prophets and the apostles, and other scriptures. They are never foolish or blind guides.


Day 1934

No comments:

Post a Comment