Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 5:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 5:12
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

This chapter takes place 30 years before the sign of Jesus Christ's birth appears to the people in the American continent. When I read this chapter I think of the following quote from President Russell M. Nelson.

"Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for our Lives", April 2019 General Conference)

It is at this time, leading up to the Savior's birth, that marvelous miracles happen. The conversion of 300 souls after seeing Nephi and Lehi surrounded by a pillar of fire, hearing the voice of the Lord, being surrounded themselves by pillars of fires and converting fits with what I believe we will see coming. I think Nephi, son of Nephi is my favorite person in the whole Book of Mormon. I love his faith and dedication to the Lord. If I had to guess where we are in the time frame leading up to the second coming, I would say right about here. We haven't reached this yet but it's just around the corner. 

I looked for what made Nephi and Lehi so faithful. I think its because they took the counsel of their father Nephi to heart. They did exactly as he told them. They built their foundation in Christ. That is why they never shook or faltered. That is why miracles could happen. That is exactly what we need to do.   


Day 1926




No comments:

Post a Comment