Sunday, July 12, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 10:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 10:4-5
"Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."

In this chapter while returning to his home Nephi ponders all that has taken place, and is "much cast down" because of the wickness of the people. That is when the voice of the Lord came to him. He is then given the sealing power over the people, to smite the earth with famine, pestilence, and destruction according to the wickness of the people. Then he is told to declare to the people that "thus saith the Lord God, who is the Almighty: Except ye repent ye shall be smitten, even unto destruction."

This is an amazing power the God has given Nephi. Why does he do this?  Because he knew Nephi's heart and that he would not abuse the power given him. That he has sought God's will and not his own and would not ask contrary to His will. That is faithfulness, and obedience. Next to my Savior, I think Nephi is a wonderful example of seeking the Father's will. I want to be like that.



Day 1931

No comments:

Post a Comment