Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 6:35-36

Today's Favorite Verse: Helaman 6:35-36
"And thus we see that the Spirit of the Lord began to withdraw from the Nephites, because of the wickedness and the hardness of their hearts.
And thus we see that the Lord began to pour out his Spirit upon the Lamanites, because of their easiness and willingness to believe in his words."

Lately, I've had a reoccurring theme, to not go to far to the right or the left, but to head down the middle. Staying between all the divisions happening between people right now. This is also good spiritual advice, to stay in the main stream of the church. This does not mean sitting on the fence in gray areas on subjects, because that is just inviting how far can I go before I fall. Instead I mean to not be distracted by the noise coming from opposite sides. Instead I am to follow that straight and narrow path the Lord has set, and it will keep me from danger. From observing, I am now seeing how both sides have valid points, but can also twist things to fit their agenda. I cannot put into words what I am learning, but I'm totally ok with it not having a name. It's one of those watch and be mindful things. It will all make sense later. 

I've also seen those I listened to in the past falling to far to the right or the left and are now off neutral ground. I started to clean out the Facebook groups and YouTube channels that I follow and have been surprised when I revisit them how many people and groups have morphed into something that leaves me feeling uncomfortable.  

In this chapter I see how the Nephites that were once righteous have now turned wicked. At the same time the Lamanites who were wicked have become righteous. It made me ponder on how a once righteous Nephite if he insisted on blinding following someone he has put on a pedal stool, never questioning where the person was headed, they just might follow them right out of the church. It really is a good thing to step back without having all the answers and just observe where people are headed and change course direction before it is to late. If you do not have the spirit as your guide you really can go off into strange roads and get lost. 



Day 1927

No comments:

Post a Comment