Monday, July 27, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 9:13

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 9:13
"O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?"

It's so hard to pick a favorite verse out of this, one of my favorite chapters in all the Book of Mormon. This is the moment after the destruction that took place, and while the people in the Americas sit in darkness, they hear the voice of Jesus Christ. First he tells that it was him that destroyed all these cities because of their wickedness and "that the blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come any more unto me against them." He tells them that the law of Moses is fulfilled. Then in this verse the tone changes and I just weep. He speaks to those that are remaining and calls them to repentance and to come unto Him. What a reminder that we all have something to repent of, even if we are righteous and had been spared. I love how he says "that I may heal you". There are so many ways that the Savior can heal us. He is the master healer for he knows all our wounds and how to comfort us.


Day 1946

No comments:

Post a Comment