Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 11:32-34, 38

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 11:32-34, 38
"And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me.
And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.
And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God."

This chapter contains so much. "The Father testifies of His Beloved Son - Christ appears and proclaims His Atonement - The people feel the wound marks in His hands and feet and side - They cry Hosanna - He sets forth the mode and manner of baptism - The spirit of contention is of the devil - Christ's doctrine is that men should believe and be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost."

Tonight, I pondered on the doctrine of Christ, and how simple it really is. It requires faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ, repentance and baptism. Becoming as a little child is the continual effort I make to become obedient and do the Father's will, like Christ did. Over the years I have come to appreciate the simplicity of the gospel and strive really hard to not go beyond the mark and complicated it. When I think of the eternities the requirements for all of us is so very basic.


Day 1948

No comments:

Post a Comment