Saturday, January 11, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 8:1, 4

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 8:1, 4
"And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in the heaven about the space of half an hour.
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand."

As I read this chapter I just wept. Even more so at the end where there are three more woes to come. I thought where am I to keep my focus? First, I thought of how there was silence in heaven for the space of half an hour before it began. This should be a time where I am preparing myself for what I know will come. It appears the preparation is in prayer for in the fourth verse the prayers of the saints are ascending to God before destruction comes upon the wicked. How will the angels know I am not wicked when destruction comes?  It must be the prayers I am offering up, and as I learned in chapter 6 my robes must be washed white in the blood of the Lamb.


Day 1748

No comments:

Post a Comment