Thursday, January 9, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 6:12, 14

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 6:12, 14
"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

At the end of the sixth seal and before moving into the seventh seal there will be a great earthquake. An earthquake so violent that every mountain and island is moved out of its place. This is a world-wide event that no one can deny has happened. All will know that this prophesy is fulfilled. No wonder as the chapter continues men will want the very mountains and rocks that are moving to fall on them. Why is that?, because they will know the judgment of God is coming.

It made me think of the past week. Two days in a row in the Adirondacks, close to where I was born and raised there was an earthquake. One is very rare, but rarer still is to have two of them. Even in little obscure places God is giving us the voice of warning.

"How oft have I called upon you by the mouth of my servants, and by the ministering of angels, and by mine own voice, and by the voice of thunderings, and by the voice of lightnings, and by the voice of tempests, and by the voice of earthquakes, and great hailstorms, and by the voice of famines and pestilences of every kind, and by the great sound of a trump, and by the voice of judgment, and by the voice of mercy all the day long, and by the voice of glory and honor and the riches of eternal life, and would have saved you with an everlasting salvation, but ye would not!"
(Doctrine and Covenants 43:25)

As I continued to ponder on this event to come I recognize there is no need to fear. If I am listening to the warning now and heeding them, death of the body is not what I would fear. It is the death of the soul, that which can lead me away from God that is what I will fear. Now is not the time to wander.



Day 1746

No comments:

Post a Comment