Saturday, January 25, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 22:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 22:17
"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

Today, I finish the book of Revelation and the New Testament. I'm always a little sad to see a book of scripture end because it has become such a wonderful friend. Then I think about how I will read it again the next time I circle around. It takes 1,581 days to read the entire standard works a chapter a day. That is 4.3 years. I am grateful for footnotes and references that bring them altogether for me. They are truly one in my hand.

"Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand."
(Ezekiel 27:16-17)

As I read this last chapter in the New Testament I looked for the final message. I chose this verse because it says to Come. The message to come to Christ is free to all. His hands are forever stretched out still. He has warned and forewarned us, now the decision is ours to come. We have been given our free agency to choose or not. The reward for eternity is ours to make. What choice did you make?



Day 1762

No comments:

Post a Comment