Monday, January 6, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 3:15-16

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 3:15-16
"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

I remember when I had need to recall this verse. I was at a conference that was church related and not church sponsored. Believe me I am not drawn to those anymore. I was visiting the vendor hall during a class period so I pretty much had it to myself. I stopped at a unattended vendor table to look at some books. I had recognized the name of the author as someone that had once been excommunicated from the church for some of those very books. Since then he had returned to the church, but I was surprised that they were still selling these books.

A man came up beside me and started a conversation. He was knowledgeable on the books and shared different things with me. As he talked I felt something different about him. I kept trying to put my finger on it. Then to my surprise I discovered he was the actual author of these books.  I hadn't expected the vendor/author to be on my side of the table. Then he slowly started to tell me his background. I learned things about him I had never heard before, but he himself told me these things. I really wasn't interested in buying his books. I remained talking to him because I was still trying to figure out what it was about him that was so different. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I remember finally saying to myself he's neither hot, nor cold. Then it dawned on me HE was lukewarm. Spit him out! It was this verse in Revelation that had came into my mind. I had never met a lukewarm person in my life. It was truly a disturbing thing. Yes, I did quickly end the conversation and leave. Recently, I found out that he was again on the apostasy side of the church. Lukewarm people can be so spiritually deceptive. There is something about them that makes you listen to them way longer then you should. You get drawn in trying to figure them out. No good comes from sitting on the fence. If they were hot or cold you would know how much attention you should be giving them. A lukewarm person is very dangerous, they have the perfect environment for bacteria to thrive. They can poison the soul. 



Day 1743

No comments:

Post a Comment