Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 11:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 11:6
"These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will."

This chapter is speaking of the two prophets that will prophesy and then be slain in Jerusalem. The reason this verse stood out to me is something I had been thinking about lately. I was wondering when I would hear a prophet warn of some event happening if people don't repent and then see it happen. Now I don't need to witness something like this to believe there is a prophet. I just know the Lord is capable of using them in this way. It's so funny what I sit and wonder about sometimes. It makes me a little hesitant because I've learned my random thoughts are not always random but things that will soon happen. I try to keep track of them because of what the Prophet Joseph Smith said.

“A person may profit by noticing the first intimation of the spirit of revelation; for instance, when you feel pure intelligence flowing into you, it may give you sudden strokes of ideas, so that by noticing it, you may find it fulfilled the same day or soon; … those things that were presented unto your minds by the Spirit of God, will come to pass; and thus by learning the Spirit of God and understanding it, you may grow into the principle of revelation, until you become perfect in Christ Jesus.”
(Boyd K. Packer, "Personal Revelation: The Gift, the Test, and the Promise", Nov 1994 Ensign)

The other thing I have found is if I share those ideas before they happen, they often won't happen.



Day 1751

No comments:

Post a Comment