Saturday, January 4, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 1:13-16

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 1:13-16
"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."

I feel impressed to record what this description of Jesus Christ means to me.

Jesus Christ is the Son of man. He is clothed or covered completely and it extends out to his whole church. That would be the atonement of Jesus Christ. His golden girdle embraces him, which would be his pure truth.  I am covered and protected by his grace, mercy, and all enabling power, through his atonement made for me.

Head and hairs white like wool - as I see this woolly white hair I know he is the lamb of God. The perfect, spotless son of God, that made the ultimate sacrifice for me.

Hair white as snow - I see a brilliant snow covered landscape with the intensity of light reflecting off of it. It is so bright I must close my eyes, and when I do I still see that brilliant light. Christ light is brilliant, yet I cannot see it with my natural eyes. My witness and testimony of Christ is made known through the Spirit.

Eyes as a flame of fire - In the darkness of night I see a campfire glowing in the distance. My eyes are drawn to it as the flames dance and I desire to come to it and rest. There is warmth and protection as I sit inside the glow of its light. This is Christ that beckons me to come to him with his eyes as flame of fire. There is warmth and protection as I stay close by his side.

Feet like fine brass, burned in a furnace - his feet make me think of standing tall and erect and balanced. I think of a beautiful scale that is balanced that weighs judgment. Burning takes away impurities, and reminds me of the furnace of affliction. Christ will make right anything that was done unjustly to me. He will mold me and purify me through my afflictions.

Voice as the sound of many waters - As I sit by the seaside I can either hear the crashing waves, or the gentle lap as the water softly rolls in. The water can be powerful or soothing. The sound and music from it is eternal, and exactly what I need. Christ speaks of eternal things to me. The words touch the deepest parts of my soul, they can call me to repentance or fill me with humility. 

Right hand hold seven stars - Christ is the creator of this universe, and the head of his Church and guides and navigates it. His right hand is the covenant hand and through the church that he holds in it, I make sacred covenants and promise to follow him. He will hold me and protect me as I honor the covenants I have made with him. He will make sure I know his will through the prophets and leaders of his church that he navigates and gives complete direction to, so I am not lead astray.

Out of his mouth a sharp twoedged sword - I think of Doctrine and Covenants 6:2 "Behold, I am God; give heed unto my word, which is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of both joints and marrow; therefore give heed unto my words." I think of nothing getting past his judgment and he will get to the heart of the matter. Coming from his mouth he speaks truth and it will either cause spiritual rebirth or spiritual death, depending on how I give ear to it.

Countenance as the sun shineth in his strength - I imagine my muscles and body aching after a day of hard labor. I sit quietly under the warmth of the full sun. As my body begins to absorb the heat it touches deep into every fiber of my being. My body relaxes and I find I am enveloped into its warmth with a flood of relief and soothing. The longer I sit the stronger my body begins to feel. This is Christ as I am embraced by the warmth of his love. He will carry my burdens and strengthen me through all my trials. He will never leave me and his light and love will remain with me as long as I seek it. This is the love that feeds and heals me.

Instead of this image of Christ in Revelation being terrifying I am drawn to it. For to love him is to recognize truly who He is.


Day 1741

No comments:

Post a Comment