Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 19:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 19:7
"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready."

I sat and reflected on a dream I had about 30 years ago. I remember traveling down the streets of Salt Lake City and I was trying to find where the wedding feast was. As I walked I dragged this big garbage can with wheels around with me. It wasn't a dirty can full of garbage it was one I had seen people use to put their 72 hr kits in. Everywhere I went I pulled this garbage can around with me and I would not let it go. Some places I could not enter because I would have needed to leave my garbage can outside. Finally I found the wedding feast and I was invited in, of course that is where the dream ended.

After 30 years I finally realize what the garbage can was that I held onto so dearly. It was a symbol of my preparation to be worthy to enter into the marriage of the Lamb. It must go with me everywhere and always be by my side. As I look at my life 30 years later I had to smile, because I'm holder tighter to the garbage can now more than ever. Seems the theme of preparation is a big one for me today. This is what I recorded after my morning scripture reading.

"Interesting scripture study this morning. Reading Doctrine & Covenants 101:23 "And prepare for the revelation which is to come, when the veil of the covering of my temple, in my tabernacle, which hideth the earth, shall be taken off, and all flesh shall see me together."

I'm seeing it with new eyes after the changes made last January to the temple endowment. I understood that scripture so differently before. Now I see it as a symbol and sign of what we are preparing for, the second coming of the Lord. Now I need to prepare for the revelation to come. Makes me even more curious about what we will hear in April conference."


Day 1759

No comments:

Post a Comment