Thursday, January 2, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 John 1:4

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 John 1:4
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

I have three children and only one is faithful and true in the gospel. He is my joy. The others are my sorrow. But, what I pondered on is if my joy is conditional on all my children walking in truth? I determined that my joy is not conditional on others. It is conditional on my relationship with the Lord. For he settled the matter when I turned my grief and sorrow over the others to Him. I have left them in His care, and he will show me the way to be the mother I need to be for them. It is because I have been their mother that I have come to have such a deep and abiding love for the Lord as I needed to turn to Him. It's hard to explain but I am grateful. I have no loss of joy when I trust the Lord's plan is greater than my own. Yes, it would be a great joy if they were all on a covenant path, but I am not without joy because they are not. There is still hope.



Day 1739

No comments:

Post a Comment