Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 2:16

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 2:16
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers."

I pondered on how important this moment was for Nephi. He had heard his father, a prophet of God, speak of his visions and dreams. He obediently went into the wilderness leaving behind their home and riches. Now he wanted to know for himself if this was the Lord's will. This is the moment his heart is softened and he believes. When that sure testimony comes there is nothing that will make you deny it. Through the rest of Nephi's story he is faithful and true to what was told him from the very beginning. How important it is to pray about anything a prophet tells you. You need the sure witness for yourself. It opens the door to further personal revelation.


Day 1765

No comments:

Post a Comment