Friday, January 31, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 5:5

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 5:5
"But behold, I have obtained a land of promise, in the which things I do rejoice; yea, and I know that the Lord will deliver my sons out of the hands of Laban, and bring them down again unto us in the wilderness."

I love this verse. Lehi's "manner of language" is the language of faith. He speaks of having obtained a land of promise and they were still in the wilderness, far from the land of promise which he had never step foot on. Yet, he has faith in what the Lord has told, and promised him. So much so he speaks in the language of having already obtained it. He also knew his sons would come back from Jerusalem with the brass plates. He had absolute faith. There was no room for doubt. 

I also reflected on Satan's counterfeit doctrine, best described in the false doctrines, law of attraction and law of creation. Where he says you just need to act like you already have something, put it out in the universe and it will come to you. You have the ability to create your destiny. This is opposite of the Lord's plan. Satan will teach my will, not the Lord's will. This counterfeit "faith" leads you further from Christ, and fills one with pride and lusting after worldly things. Lehi gives the sure example of what faith is, believing and trusting in Christ, the creator of all things, and what his will is for me. Knowing his promises are sure and he cannot lie.


Day 1768

No comments:

Post a Comment