Monday, January 27, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 1:1

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 1:1
"I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceeding in my days."

I have two parts highlighted in this verse.

Highly favored = Graced by the Lord. Enabling power or strength of the Lord. Almost like affliction is required to see the grace of the Lord. It was through the afflictions that Nephi went through that he could see the hand of the Lord in his life.

Mysteries of God = Revelation. I substitute revelation for mysteries. For the mysteries of God are understood through revelation. Either the doctrine is revealed to the prophets or the spirit reveals the doctrine in a way we can understand it.


Day 1764

No comments:

Post a Comment