Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 3:5-6

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 3:5-6
"And now, behold thy brothers murmur, saying it is a hard thing which I have required of them; but behold I have not required it of them, but it is a commandment of the Lord.
Therefore go, my son, and thou shalt be favored of the Lord, because thou has not murmured."

I pondered on murmuring. I guess this was the first time I really put two and two together here. Laman and Lemuel were not murmuring against what the Lord had asked. They were murmuring against their father for saying it. It just shows how far away from the Lord their hearts really were. They didn't even recognize where the request came from. It made me ponder on how there never really is any good reason to murmur. I then pondered on how import it is to see the Lord's hand in whatever situation I am to pass through. Not that the Lord creates bad situations, man can mess things up pretty badly on his own. But, the Lord can fight my battles and make me strong enough to overcome that challenges that man puts in my way. Because Nephi did not murmur but saw the hand of the Lord in what he was asked to pass through, he was favored and blessed from the experience. Very timely message for me, because I really wanted to murmur about what was done to me.



Day 1766

No comments:

Post a Comment