Sunday, March 19, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 30:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 30:2
"If a man vow a vow unto the Lord, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth."

This made me ponder on how honor has left our society. Where once your word meant everything. I marvel at how Nephi could take Zoram at his oath to stay with them, and not run and tell others where they were. It seems all throughout history I read about people's honor being their bond. Now I simply cannot tell if what someone tells me is the truth or that they will hold to it. How sad that is. This is part of the world I do not want to be come part of. I pondered on how breaking your vow, or word, is the same as not being honest. I need to be honest in all my dealings. God's laws have not changed, it is only man. Though the world can become like that, I do not and should not do the same as them.  For there is a layer of protection over the honest and the man of integrity.

"Integrity is the light that shines from a disciplined conscience. It is the strength of duty within us." (James E. Faust, Integrity, The Mother of Many Virtues, Apr 1982 CT)

Day 722

No comments:

Post a Comment