Thursday, March 30, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 5:9

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 5:9
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,"

I pondered on how the sins of the fathers can effect the third and fourth generation. It first made me appreciate being "born of goodly parents", and being taught to love the gospel. How many generations have my good parents blessed. Then even with the good teachings I had, a child can chose for themselves to hate God and turn away. It made me think of this verse.

"If thou doest well, thou shalt be accepted. And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door, and Satan desireth to have thee; and except thou shalt hearken unto my commandments, I will deliver thee up, and it shall be unto thee according to his desire. And thou shalt rule over him;"  (Moses 5:23)

Once a parent turns against God the following generations are not taught to walk in the light of Christ, instead they are taught to hate him. They follow darkened paths, which continue on in their children. Yes, the sins of the fathers can be passed onto the following generations. How grateful I am that the cycle can also be broken. The greater condemnation will be upon the heads of the parents that took those generations astray. The final judgment on the matter will be the Lord's.


Day 733

No comments:

Post a Comment