Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 3:26

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 3:26
"But the Lord was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the Lord said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter."

It was that last part of the verse "the Lord said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter." that struck me. I just finished having family scripture reading and in it my son related an experience he just had, where he was basically told this same thing. He was in an OCD frame of mind that was cycling through thoughts that were depressing and he didn't want them. So he prayed about it, explaining everything to Heavenly Father. Then he got an answer to not let it trouble him any more. Which he then began to over think that answer. Did it mean there were even greater things to worry about.? So he began to pray about that. Then the answer came, like this scripture, to let what he had been told to suffice and simply to let it go. Then several minutes after this he realized the matter was actually gone from him. He just needed to not keep focusing on it and let the Lord carry it for him. At the time the thought came to me what an amazing cure that not even medicine or counseling can fix. The great healer is obeying God's word and leaving the matter into his hands. We need to let it suffice what he has told us, and let him carry the rest.


Day 731


No comments:

Post a Comment