Thursday, March 2, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 13:30-31

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 13:30-31
"And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and posses it; for we are well able to overcome it.
But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we."

The Lord commands Moses to send men from each of the tribes to search the land of Canaan and bring back a report of the conditions there.

Caleb from the tribe of Judah has the faith that they could go up and posses the land. When he says "we are well able" I know he must be thinking with the Lord's help. With God all things are possible. Had not the children of Israel seen miracles all around them?

The other men could only compare their physical strength alone, and didn't take the Lord's strength into consideration. How quick the people were to forget the Lord. No wonder he made them wander for 40 years in the wilderness. It made me think of all the years I suffered and wandered because I didn't have enough faith in the Lord. I also pondered on where I need to improve.

Day 705

No comments:

Post a Comment