Sunday, March 26, 2017

Celebrating My Most Treasured Possession: The Book of Mormon

Taking time today to celebrate the 187th anniversary of the Book of Mormon. March 26, 1830 the first edition of the Book of Mormon was published in English. Since then the Book of Mormon has been translated into 110 languages, and more than 170 million copies have been printed. The Bible and the Book of Mormon are complementary books of scripture, both testifying of the mission and Messiahship of Jesus Christ and God’s plan for mankind.

To celebrate this event I am watching a video that came out 30 years ago. In 1987 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released "How Rare a Possession: The Book of Mormon" I loved it then, I love it now. The Book of Mormon is one of my most treasured possessions. After the video I will read the parting words of Nephi in 2 Nephi 31-33. He speaks on the doctrine of Christ. I love these words. The spirit tells me they are true.


No comments:

Post a Comment