Friday, March 17, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 28:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 28:10
"This is the burnt offering of every sabbath, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering."

This made me think of the sacrament. Last week I had a thought came to me "What if there are sins I have committed that I had forgotten about and never repented of? In the act of committing them I might not have cared one way or the other. Now I do care, and I need to repent, but I didn't know what of?" That thought troubled me. I just knew there was a lifetime of sins I had forgotten about. How could I think of them all individually to repent of them? For I knew no unclean thing can enter the kingdom of God and I must repent. Then the thought came to me, how I had a simply solution. During the sacrament I could ask to be forgiven and have my sins removed from me, and washed clean from them. Just like when I was baptized. I could start over with a clean slate and be more conscience of what I do from that day forward.

During the sacrament, I sincerely prayed about my desire to be made clean of all my sins. I took the bread and it felt the same as other weeks. Not saying that is bad at all, for there is peace. But, when I took the water, the final step in completing the sacrament, I felt it. I felt it wash over me. It really was like I had just been baptized. Like a fire inside that was just refreshingly cooled off. I now had a clean slate ahead of me. Renewing my covenants is just like being baptized again. It is true!  What joy there is to know I can do this every week. For I know how hopelessly flawed I am, and I cannot make it with just one shot at it. There is hope. I marvel at how this gift has been there all along. I just had to simply ask.


Day 720

No comments:

Post a Comment