Monday, March 27, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 2:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 2:4-5
"And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore:
Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession."

I pondered on what good advice this is. Even if people are afraid of me for whatever reason, I am not to meddle with them. It is best to leave people alone. In the long run that will be a protection to me. The same goes for any group of people. A better man will not show dominance or power over weaker people, or those they have no direction from the Lord to interfere with. We do not know what the Lord may have promised them. The business we need to be about is God's will for us.


Day 730


No comments:

Post a Comment