Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 18:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 18:1
"And the Lord said unto Aaron, Thou and thy sons and thy father's house with thee shall bear the iniquity of the sanctuary: and thou and thy sons with thee shall bear the iniquity of your priesthood."

The word "iniquity" used with the words sanctuary and priesthood left me puzzled, so I had to pondered on it. There was one footnote in that verse associated with the word bear.

"IE bear any guilt incurred in failure to bear the full responsibility thereof."

This made me thing of Doctrine & Covenants 82:3 "For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation."

I sat and pondered on the great weight of responsibility for those called in leadership responsibility within the church. I though of King Benjamin's words in the Book of Mormon.

"Therefore, as I said unto you that I had served you, walking with a clear conscience before God, even so I at this time have caused that ye should assemble yourselves together, that I might be found blameless, that your blood should not come upon me, when I shall stand to be judged of God of the things whereof he hath commanded me concerning you." (Mosiah 2:27)

I felt much soberness thinking of those that serve and the great responsibility on their shoulders. The stewardship they will have to answer for. It is a wonder than anyone would be willing to serve, when they are accountable for what they didn't do. They really do deserve my heartfelt respect and gratitude. The best way I can show that is to listen to them.


Day 710

No comments:

Post a Comment