Friday, June 28, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 5:5-6

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 5:5-6
"And it came to pass that the Lord did warn me, that I, Nephi, should depart from them and flee into the wilderness, and all those who would go with me.
Wherefore, it came to pass that I, Nephi, did take my family, and also Zoram and his family, and Sam, mine elder brother and his family, and Jacob and Joseph, my younger brethren, and also my sisters, and all those who would go with me. And all those who would go with me were those who believed in the warnings and the revelations of God; wherefore, they did hearken unto my words."

I pondered on revelation and who can receive it for who? In this case Nephi received revelation for more than his immediate family. It was his extended family and Zoram and his family too. I wouldn't follow my brother if he said he had received revelation that my family needed to leave and follow him. He wouldn't have stewardship over my family and receive revelation for us. Why was this case with Nephi different? It was because after the death of his father Lehi, he was now the prophet. Those that would go with him, believed in the revelations of God and were his stewardship. A prophet of God can receive warning and revelations for the church. We can receive revelation that confirms it is such.


Day 3376


No comments:

Post a Comment