Thursday, June 6, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 5:2, 8

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 5:2, 8
"For she had supposed that we had perished in the wilderness; and she also had complained against my father, telling him that he was a visionary man; saying: Behold thou hast led us forth from the land of our inheritance, and my sons are no more, and we perish in the wilderness.
And she spake, saying: Now I know of a surety that the Lord hath commanded my husband to flee into the wilderness; yea, and I also know of a surety that the Lord hath protected my sons, and delivered them out of the hands of Laban, and given them power whereby they could accomplish the thing which the Lord hath commanded them. And after this manner of language did she speak."

I pondered on Sariah and how much of a test it was for her to see her sons be sent back to Jerusalem to obtain the brass plates from Laban. She complained against Lehi and didn't have the faith that her sons would return. She needed this experience to strengthen her testimony as much as her sons needed theirs. Sometimes the Lords asks us to do hard things and we may not be aware of how many other people it will effect.


Day 3354

No comments:

Post a Comment