Sunday, June 2, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 1:14

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 1:14
"And it came to pass that when my father had read and seen many great and marvelous things, he did exclaim many things unto the Lord; such as: Great and marvelous are thy works, O Lord God Almighty! Thy throne is high in the heavens, and thy power, and goodness, and mercy are over all the inhabitants of the earth; and, because thou art merciful, thou wilt not suffer those who come unto thee that they shall perish!"

As I was reading this part in the chapter header "The Lord warns Lehi to depart out of the land of Jerusalem, because he prophesieth unto the people concerning their iniquity and they seek to destroy his life." I pondered on how many times God has led His people to a new location because others were seeking their life. Even the pioneers had to move to the Great Salt Lake valley because of persecution. Nephi speaks of his father Lehi's vision of the destruction of Jerusalem and many being carried away captive into Babylon. After Lehi goes back to testify to them and they seek his life, the Lord then tells him to take his family and leave. I pondered on how they truly would have perished if they had not listened to God. That I can trust in the Lord guiding me if there is ever a time we are called to leave due to coming civil unrest or persecution. The key is you have to listen when you are warned.

It has been many years now that my husband and I moved from the East coast to Utah. I remember the vivid dreams I would have of someone murdering me. I could feel my blood turn to ice as I was being killed. I had physical pain from it as I woke up. Then the impressions came that we needed to move to Utah. Once in Utah I thankfully never had another one of those dreams. I am grateful that we are here. I feel physical and spiritual safety where we are. In Stake Conference today the leadership spoke of how they expect in the next little while (months?) 2,000-3,000 people to move into our stake boundaries. How people are coming here and some do not really understand why. It is for them to hear the gospel. The mission we are in is the highest baptizing mission in the church and that's Utah!. It is amazing how the Lord is moving people around. As massive development is all around us, price of homes going up, and roads are in gridlock I do not resent those that are coming. We can make room, for the Lord has a purpose for bringing them here.


Day 3350

No comments:

Post a Comment