Thursday, June 27, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 4:15

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 4:15
And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children.

I have profited and learned so much from reading the scriptures and in particular the Book of Mormon. I was reading in the Doctrine and Covenants to night and noticed this in the chapter header, "In introducing this revelation, Joseph Smith's history affirms that "the Lord...is ever ready to instruct such as diligently seek in faith."

"And the Book of Mormon and the holy scriptures are given of me for your instruction; and the power of my Spirit quickeneth all things."
(Doctrine and Covenants 33:16)

During family scriptures we discussed the peace that comes from reading the scriptures. My one son, that just started reading them on his own, said he went to bed listening to them. He slept well and then had so much peace throughout the day. Reading and pondering does quicken in all things, physically, mentally, and spiritually. It strengthen us.



Day 3375

No comments:

Post a Comment