Sunday, June 9, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 7:8

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 7:8
"And now I, Nephi, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, therefore I spake unto them, saying, yea, even unto Laman and unto Lemuel: Behold ye are mine elder brethren, and how is it that ye are so hard in your hearts, and so blind in your minds, that ye have need that I, your younger brother, should speak unto you, yea, and set an example for you?"

I had to ponder on Nephi's word on how people could be hard in their hearts and blind in the minds. It's actually something our family has been talking about during family scriptures. We've noticed a difference in how people see events around us. To the point they can even quote scriptures to support their positions. We just leave them be, because we do not wish to have contention that will make the spirit flee. It leaves us to wonder how they cannot see all the facts in front of them and take them into consideration? We wanted to make sure we were really looking at things correctly. I told my son that I would have to pray to understand this, because we did not want to be incorrect in how we were seeing events.

That night I prayed and asked for understanding in the matter. I have to admit it was a short prayer. I had assumed it would take time to get an answer to understand this. I then fell asleep. To my surprise when I woke in the morning my first thought was "This is the answer." I was then reminded of what I ask for most in my prayers day and night. It is my greatest desire. That I have eyes that see, and ears that hear and know and understand. That I will know truth from error and be not deceived. I realized this daily prayer of real intent has been answered over and over again each day. This was what was protecting me and helping me see what others couldn't because they did not ask. If you are looking to man for wisdom and not God then you will be blind to what can be right in front of you.

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness."
(1 Corinthians 3:18-29)




Day 3356

No comments:

Post a Comment