Monday, June 17, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 16:22-23

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 16:22-23
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did speak much unto my brethren, because they had hardened their hearts again, even unto complaining against the Lord their God.
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow; wherefore, I did arm myself with a bow and an arrow, with a sling and with stones. And I said unto my father: Whither shall I go to obtain food?"

I pondered on how sometimes all the words in the world will not change a person's mind. It often takes actions of faith to change the dynamics of what is taking place. Move forward with faith and the Lord will lead thee. After much speaking to his brethren Nephi had to stop talking and make a bow.

"As you move forward, new doors will open and opportunities will present themselves. Don’t sit idly by because you can’t see the next 70 years mapped out perfectly before you. The most important aspect of our agency is that you and I act for ourselves and not be acted upon (see 2 Nephi 2:26). We choose, and then we act on our choices. We move forward in faith, and the Lord will bless us."
(Elder Brent H. Nielson, "Move Forward with Faith", Jun 2013 Ensign)

“It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers” (Jordan Utah South regional conference, priesthood session, 1 Mar. 1997).
(“Latter-Day Counsel: Excerpts from Addresses of President Gordon B. Hinckley,” Ensign, Oct. 2000, 73.)



Day 3365

No comments:

Post a Comment