Friday, June 21, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 20:18, 22

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 20:18, 22
"O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments—then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea.
And notwithstanding he hath done all this, and greater also, there is no peace, saith the Lord, unto the wicked."

This made me think of the words of Alma, "wickedness never was happiness."

"Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness."
(Alma 41:10)

I pondered on how the commandments really are a protection to us. So many commandments when broken will bring such unhappiness into our lives. It's Satan that whispers lies that by not living by them you will be happy. Happiness can only come for a short season, but soon fades. Though you may believe it is making you happy, it cannot bring peace.

"And it came to pass that when I, Mormon, saw their lamentation and their mourning and their sorrow before the Lord, my heart did begin to rejoice within me, knowing the mercies and the long-suffering of the Lord, therefore supposing that he would be merciful unto them that they would again become a righteous people.
But behold this my joy was vain, for their sorrowing was not unto repentance, because of the goodness of God; but it was rather the sorrowing of the damned, because the Lord would not always suffer them to take happiness in sin."
(Mormon 2:12-13)


Day 3369

No comments:

Post a Comment