Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 18:1, 4

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 18:1, 4
"And it came to pass that they did worship the Lord, and did go forth with me; and we did work timbers of curious workmanship. And the Lord did show me from time to time after what manner I should work the timbers of the ship.
And it came to pass that after I had finished the ship, according to the word of the Lord, my brethren beheld that it was good, and that the workmanship thereof was exceedingly fine; wherefore, they did humble themselves again before the Lord."

Nephi's brothers helped build the ship and when completed they saw that it was good. Then they humbled themselves before the Lord. I pondered on how important it is to recognize God's hand in helping us to accomplish things we need to do. No matter how big or small those things maybe. If only they had remained humble and teachable. By the end of the chapter the whole family is almost swallowed up in the depths of the sea. I can see that God has given them opportunity after opportunity to turn to Him.


Day 3367



No comments:

Post a Comment