Friday, June 14, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 13:38-40

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 13:38-40
"And it came to pass that I beheld the remnant of the seed of my brethren, and also the book of the Lamb of God, which had proceeded forth from the mouth of the Jew, that it came forth from the Gentiles unto the remnant of the seed of my brethren.
And after it had come forth unto them I beheld other books, which came forth by the power of the Lamb, from the Gentiles unto them, unto the convincing of the Gentiles and the remnant of the seed of my brethren, and also the Jews who were scattered upon all the face of the earth, that the records of the prophets and of the twelve apostles of the Lamb are true.
And the angel spake unto me, saying: These last records, which thou hast seen among the Gentiles, shall establish the truth of the first, which are of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, and shall make known the plain and precious things which have been taken away from them; and shall make known to all kindreds, tongues, and people, that the Lamb of God is the Son of the Eternal Father, and the Savior of the world; and that all men must come unto him, or they cannot be saved."

Prophesy fulfilled. First the gentiles brought the records of Jews in the form of the Bible to us. Granted many plain and precious things had been removed. God still prepared a way. The record Nephi began, which is the stick of Joseph and came to be known as the Book of Mormon, restored many plain and precious things that had been lost. The Bible and Book of Mormon go hand in hand in establishing the doctrine of Christ. I have come to know my Savior more by reading both. Other records have come, the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price. The restoration is ongoing and I look forward like President Holland to more sacred records being revealed.

"And I look forward with great anticipation to other records and other parts. Hundred - may 100 times as much that is contained in - that is contained in the book we have. If that much is available out there, the least we can do, the least we can do is read the book that we've got, because there's a lot of other good stuff coming."
(Jeffrey R. Holland, "I cannot Say the Smallest Part Which I Feel" Facebook, 28 Apr 2024)


Day 3362

No comments:

Post a Comment