Monday, February 24, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 7:1

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 7:1
"Yea, for thus saith the Lord: Have I put thee away, or have I cast thee off forever? For thus saith the Lord: Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement? To whom have I put thee away, or to which of my creditors have I sold you? Yea, to whom have I sold you? Behold, for you iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away."

I reflected on when I was reading the Sermon on the Mount and my heart recognized divorcement as leaving the faith. I see this verse as referring to apostasy. The Lord never puts us away, it is ourselves that do that. Through our transgressions we sell our souls to another. The beautiful thing is we can come back.



Day 1792

No comments:

Post a Comment