Friday, February 14, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 19:23

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 19:23
"And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning."

I love this example of how I am to read the scriptures. I take the stories and examples and apply them to my life. So much depth of understanding comes when I do this. The other way I apply this is when I am going through an experience the stories in the scriptures will come to mind. I gain a greater understanding in the purpose and meaning in what I am experiencing when I look at it from that perspective. The scriptures really are for my profit and learning. What a blessing they have been to my life.


Day 1782

No comments:

Post a Comment