Saturday, February 15, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 20:10

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 20:10
"For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."

I reflected on all the blessings that have come to me through affliction. Even my sins have had a purpose in my life. It is in moments of stress that we face our true character. I still have a hard time dealing with physical pain. My tolerance has gotten better, and I have way more patience than I used to, but when I hit that wall I still lash out at others. I always feel really bad afterwards. One thing I have observed is the awareness of what I am doing and the desire to reign it in. It does help me to overcome the issue quickly. So there is improvement and I would say some refinement. I think it is the realization that the Lord is watching my behavior that causes the greatest desire to do better. It's knowing I have to chose Him over the natural man within me. As I think upon these things my heart is softened as I know the Lord is with me and I am not alone. Though I am not perfect I know the refining process isn't overnight. It takes time to smooth out the rough edges and become all that I can be. The Lord knows my rough spot better than I do and will make sure I'm given the heat needed to burn them out.


Day 1783

No comments:

Post a Comment