Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 16:22-23

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 16:22-23
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did speak much unto my brethren, because they had hardened their hearts again, even unto complaining against the Lord their God.
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow; wherefore, I did arm myself with a bow and an arrow, with a sling and with stones. And I said unto my father: Whither shall I go to obtain food?"

In this chapter there is a lot of murmuring and complaining. The pattern I see is that once we murmur and complain against the Lord then we are left to our own devices. Nephi didn't murmur and with that he was blessed with the inspiration on how to prepare a bow and an arrow in order to solve the problem of obtaining food. I remember Nephi when I wish to murmur, for what I need more than anything is the inspiration or strength from God to overcome the challenge I am facing.

I love this Book of Mormon video when Nephi breaks his bow and how honest the reactions are of others. I can so place myself as having been any one of them. I love the moment when it depicts Nephi realizing he can make a bow. It was pure inspiration that comes from turning to the Lord in faith.


Day 1779

No comments:

Post a Comment