Thursday, February 13, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 18:15-16

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 18:15-16
"And it came to pass that we were about to be swallowed up in the depths of the sea. And after we had been driven back upon the waters for the space of four days, my brethren began to see that the judgments of God were upon them, and that they must perish save that they should repent of their iniquities; where, they came unto me, and loosed the bands which were upon my wrists, and behold they had swollen, and great was the soreness thereof.
Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions."

I see in this chapter the differences in how Nephi and his brothers approach the Lord. Nephi prays and praises God all the day long. His brothers only turn to God when the crises hits them. I can remember doing that. I would get really religious when the crises hit. Then when things were calm I would drift. One day I recognized this pattern and decided to change what I was doing. Troubles and trials still come, but the difference is I know the Lord while going through them. He is right there by my side all the way. I know it will all work out for my good.


Day 1781

No comments:

Post a Comment