Monday, February 3, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 8:7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 8:7-8
"And it came to pass that as I followed him I beheld myself that I was in a dark and dreary waste.
And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies."

What this verse makes me ponder on is that I can see an angel or messenger from God and listen and follow him and still feel I am in a dreary waste. The condition does not change until I discover my need for a deeper relationship with the Lord. That is who the messengers of God are pointing the way to. I need to be in a partnership with the Lord, and come to understand my need for his tender mercies. In the story of Lehi's family I see this in the actions of Laman and Lemuel verses Nephi and Sam. They all see an angel yet it is only Nephi that works to build that relationship with the Lord.



Day 1771

No comments:

Post a Comment