Sunday, February 23, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 6:13

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 6:13
"Wherefore, they that fight against Zion and the covenant people of the Lord shall lick up the dust of their feet; and the people of the Lord shall not be ashamed. For the people of the Lord are they who wait for him, for they still wait for the coming of the Messiah."

This made me ponder on personal revelation. How I have experienced answers to prayer that led me strongly in one course or direction. Then at a later time the Lord told me to now take the other direction. It's not that I was on the wrong course before and didn't hear the answer correctly. This is very much so a lesson in learning to not doubt what the Lord has told me. It's being obedient to the Lord and his will. Knowing that His ways are not always my way of doing things. There is a divine purpose it having gone down both paths. There is a part we all have to play. As I reflect on how others will perceive this change in course I have thought how they may mock, judge or try to make one ashamed. When one only cares to follow what the Lord would have them do it doesn't matter. This is all an experience in following the Lord and being obedient to his will. There is peace as you continually seek to do what is right.


Day 1791

No comments:

Post a Comment